Out Loud HSV Anthology
2016 Submissions are currently CLOSED
We’ve teamed back up with Hypertrophic Press to bring you a beautiful book that celebrates the last year of Out Loud HSV participants. Here’s how it works. Everyone who submits gets at least one piece printed in the book. Submitted work must have been read at ANY Out Loud HSV event within the given year. Submissions for 2017 are set to open back up October 18 - November 15.
Everyone who submits gets at least one piece printed in the book. Submitted work for the 2017 anthology must have been read at either an open mic or a slam from Dec 2016 onward. The deadline for submissions is November 15th so if you have a piece you want to contribute but haven’t read at an event, there’s still time.
- You are able to submit up to three pieces that you have read at an Out Loud HSV event from December 2016 onward. At least one will be chosen for print.
- Submissions must be in one document, .doc or .docx file. No other formats will be accepted.
- Please give a title and a byline (the name of the piece and your name) to each piece in the document submitted EXACTLY as you wish them to appear in the text.
- Submissions must be sent to OutLoudHSV@Gmail.com with ‘Out Loud Anthology Submission’ in the email subject line.
- You MUST include a brief bio with your submission. Bios must be written in third person and must be no longer than 5 sentences. SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT BIOS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR PUBLICATION.
- Submissions must be sent to OutLoudHSV@gmail.com no later than 11:59PM on November 15th. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Previously published pieces will be accepted, though you must properly credit the publication and the year.
The release of the anthology will tentatively be at our open mic on January 17, 2018 at Pizzelle's Confections.